How to Use ReShade in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
Battle Royale enthusiasts will be happy to know that using ReShade in Battlegrounds has been okayed by the man known as PlayerUnknown, himself! This is great news considering that it’s a wonderful adjustment to the game’s visuals that will make everything crisper and clearer for the player. In this article, we’ll go over how to download, install, and adjust the shaders within your game.
@KevDoggyDog822 No, it is OK to use Reshade!— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@BattleRoyaleMod) April 9, 2017
ReShade improves the appearance of your game by sharpening and brightening the visuals. In particular, it removes focus blur and allows you to adjust the shade of the colors. Before you decide to try this option, ensure that your computer is already running PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds with no issues because applying this might affect performance.
Using ReShade in Battlegrounds
Below you can find simplified directions on how to download, install, and adjust the settings for ReShade. You can also find this on the PUBATTLEGROUNDS Reddit along with other useful information on improving the game’s audio and visuals.
- Download ReShade and install it.
- Locate the game on your computer. Most people will be able to find it by following this path:
- Reply yes to the prompt “Do you wish to download a collection of standard effect from https://github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders?”
- Click Uncheck All on the list of shaders.
- Check off Adaptive Sharpen and Technicolor 2.
- Exit the install window.
- Launch PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
- Open ReShade by pressing SHIFT+F2.
- Go through the quick tutorial.
- Collapse Adaptive Sharpen.
- Double click on Strength under Technicolor 2 and adjust to 0.500.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Navigate to Usage Mode and change to Performance.
- Press Reload and exit.
* Please note that changing Usage Mode to performance will inhibit your ability to adjust any shader settings until you change it back.
We hope that this guide on how to use ReShade in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds was easy and simple to apply. Now, you can enjoy stunning graphics as you take sneak around the map and take down enemies!
Make sure to check out our full map and list of all the locations in PUBG. If you find that you’re still struggling to run the game, try out the best launch options and see what the minimum PC specs are.
By reading through this guide, you should now know how to use ReShade in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds.