Paladins - OB55 Patch Notes, Jenos Preview
In the upcoming Paladins patch, OB55, players will be introduced to a new Support champion as well as bug fixes and new character skins. If you’ve been looking forward to trying out a new Support champion, or are simply interested to find out whether or not your favorite champion was nerfed, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you’ll find the full patch notes for OB55 as well as a preview of Jenos, the Ascended.
New Support Champion: Jenos, The Ascended
- Role: Support
- Health: 2600 Star
- Splitter: An otherworldly weapon that channels the power of the stars. Deals 120 damage every 0.13s at medium range.
- Astral Mark: Apply a celestial blessing through all obstacles, healing for 250 Health every second for 10 seconds.
- Void Grip: Channel gravitational energy and lift an enemy up, dealing 150 damage every second for 2.5s. If the victim manages to move while lifted, it will interrupt Void Grip.
- Stellar Wind: Lower your weapon and move 75% faster while increasing your jump height and lowering your fall speed.
- Through Time and Space: Lock yourself in place and gather the power of the cosmos for 1.5s. You’ll become CC immune, before unleashing your energy in a long range blast that pierces through all obstacles and deals 2400 damage.
- The Power Cosmeum: Enemies affected by Void Grip are crippled and take an additional 150 damage per second.
- Luminary: You and allies who are affected by Astral Mark deal 15% more weapon damage.
- Celestial Touch: When you cast Astral Mark on an ally, they are immediately healed for 15% of their maximum health.
- Eclipse: Enemies affected by Void Grip receive 20/40/60/80% reduced healing.
- Falling Star: If a victim of Void Grip dies within 4s of being hit by the ability, reduce all active cooldowns by 15/30/45/60%.
- Heavenly Pull: Increase the range you can use Void Grip by 10/20/30/40%.
- Inner Peace: Decrease the cooldown of Void Grip by 1/2/3/4s.
- Cosmic Barrier: Gain 8/16/24/32% damage reduction while using Stellar Wind.
- Solar Sails: Gain 2/4/6/8 ammo per second during Stellar Wind.
- Space Jam: Increase your jump height by 12/24/36/48% while using Stellar Wind.
- Star Seeker: Increase air control by 10/20/30/40% while using Stellar Wind.
- Astral Cycle: Increase the duration of Astral Mark by 0.5/1/1.5/2s.
- Lightyears: Increase Astral Mark’s range by 10/20/30/40%.
- Relativity: Applying Astral Mark heals you for 40/80/120/160 health per second over 10 seconds.
- Retrograde: Reduce the cooldown of Astral Mark by 0.5/1/1.5/2s.
- Inertia: You cannot be slowed below 50/60/70/80% of your base movement speed.
- Lorentz Configuration: Increase your ammo count by 2/4/6/8.
- Penumbra: Gain 8/16/24/35% lifesteal.
- Sidereal: Weapon attacks reveal enemies for 1/2/3/4 seconds.
- Legendary Enchanted Key Option for Radiant Chests.
- Free Champions are now: Cassie, Fernando, Pip, Skye, and Viktor.
- Custom Matches are now sorted Alphabetically by Lobby Name.
- Fixed issue where switching classes multiple times in Shooting Range would disable Legendary card effects.
- Fixed an issue where Legendaries or Loadouts couldn’t be selected when loading late into the start of a match.
- Fixed issue where Evie could Blink while Rooted.
- Fixed Sprays not equipping properly in Match Lobby.
- Fixed issue with Lian’s Grace drawing two firing traces.
- Fixed instance with Lian’s Legendaries not showing properly on entering match.
- Fixed captured waypoint icon saying persisting on screen for too long.
- Fixed missing text for Founder’s Pack Essence acquisition.
- Fixed end of match lobby chat disappearing right after a match ends.
- Fixed issue with players who didn’t receive account level 30 beta Achievement from OB53 adjustments.
- Fixed end of match reward issues with Onslaught Practice.
- Small cleanups in the items section of the store.
- Shooting Range Fixed issue with all Champion Emotes playing Viktor’s.
- Fixed not being able to use non-default Emotes.
- Fixed unable to use Sprays.
- Capricorn (Common)
- Weapon Millennium (Uncommon)
- Voice Pack: Jenos
- Emote: Parting Gift
- MVP: Almighty
- The Defiler (Rare)
- New visual update to the champion’s base model, bringing his base more in line with the fantasy style of the game and to better match his backstory and lore. The visual rework also includes a lot of significant, targeted FPS performance improvements for the champion B.E.T.A. (old default skin).
- Champion Skin + Weapon Available for 1 Gold for a limited time.
- Changed his Accessory from Spectacles to Rucksack.
- Historian's Rucksack (Common)
- Cartography Rucksack (Common)
- Arcanist's Rucksack (Common, Exclusive)
- Clockwork (Epic)
- Obsidian Mastery Skin (Epic)
- Cosmic Mastery Skin (Epic)
- Hemlock (Epic)
- Obsidian Mastery Skin (Epic)
- Cosmic Mastery Skin (Epic)
The following have been added to the Champion Skin and Weapon Chests:
- Replicant’s Reflection
- Viceroy Wand
The following have been added to the Flair Chest:
Discount Rates on Common and Uncommon Champion Skins have changed to reflect their new prices:
- Common Head Discount: 25 Crystals | 7,125 Gold
- Common Body Discount: 25 Crystals | 7,125 Gold
- Uncommon Head Discount: 25 Crystals | 11,250 Gold
- Uncommon Body Discount: 50 Crystals | 11,250 Gold
- Clockwork Chest
- Environment Art: “We are bringing a whole new art set and visual look to the Realm with our latest siege map, Splitstone Quarry. Set deep in a large scale gold mining operation it was an opportunity to explore a more industrial setting. It also allowed us to showcase an area that ties heavily into the backstories of a couple of our champions and introduce new types of environmental hazards.”
- Level Design: “Splitstone Quarry's capture point is cut into the deepest section of the quarry and forces players to defend from above while contesting the objective. While there are quick side routes, flankers will have to watch out for dangerous environmental hazards. The payload must be pushed through a corridor that emphasizes long range firefights.”
- Added Brightmarsh and Jaguar Falls to the rotation of Onslaught maps.
- Test Queue rotation Removed Tilted Added Shade (Onslaught).
- All champions are now immune to damage when in a base healing volume.
- Ultimates are no longer usable in a base healing volume.
- All Emotes will now lock players out of all actions, including movement for 2s.
- Emotes may be interrupted at any time after the 2s lockout.
- Failsafe: Will no longer go on cooldown when Rocket Boots are already available.
- Net Shot: Cooldown reduced from 15s to 12s.
- Somersault: Will no longer go on cooldown when Dodge Roll is already available.
- Fire Spit: Reduced range at which falloff starts from 70% of the effect radius to 50% of the effect radius.
- Survival: Will no longer go on cooldown when Thrust is already available.
- Blink: This ability should be more responsive in a high ping environment.
- Maximum health reduced from 5500 to 5000.
- Unstoppable Force: Fixed a bug where Unstoppable Force’s knockback was not applying its full knockback value.
- Shock Pulse: No longer hits stealthed targets.
- Maximum health reduced from 3000 to 2700.
- Over Growth: Will no longer go on cooldown when Vine is already available.
- Whirlwind: Fixed a rendering issue.
Teleporter: This ability should be more responsive in a high ping environment.
- Cannon Increased minimum damage at maximum falloff from 30% to 40%.
- Ancient Rage: Melee swings during Ancient Rage now act as a weapon attack.
- Ebb and Flow: Will no longer go on cooldown when Shell Spin is already available.
- Requip: Will no longer go on cooldown when Lex has full ammo.
- Restock: Will no longer go on cooldown when Lex has full ammo.
- Legendary card art not showing in match unless first viewed from Champion loadouts.
- Fixed camera reload issue when using Deft Hands.
- Impaler Arrow: Fixed an issue that caused the knockback and stun of this ability to work inconsistently.
- Wrist Crossbow: Reduced maximum inaccuracy from 90% to 94%.
- Increased minimum damage at maximum falloff from 15% to 30%.
- Reduced range at which maximum falloff occurs from 120ft to 100ft.
- Reduced damage from 150 to 140.
- Emergency Exit: Will no longer go on cooldown when already Stealthed.
- Assault Rifle: Ammo count increased from 25 to 30.
- Frag Grenade: Self damage reduced from 250 to 100.
- Effect radius increased from 25 to 30.
- Counter Damage over Time damage ticks can no longer be Countered.