Epic Games Reveals Upcoming Fortnite Battle Royale Features In New Video
Fortnite’s Battle Royale PvP mode has already proven to be quite a hit with fans of the battle royale genre, and developer Epic Games recently discussed how it will be making the experience even better in future game updates.
In the below developer update video, Epic fielded some questions from fans, providing answers and additional insights into how Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode has already been improved since its launch and how it will continue to be improved in the future. Some highlights from the video include the following:
- Voice chat is now live for the game’s PC version and should be coming to consoles soon.
- Epic wants to add more guns into Battle Royale, but it also wants to ensure that any new guns it adds “feel fit for core gameplay” so that it can properly balance them. Once some solid prospects have been decided on, players can expect to see them join the current Battle Royale arsenal.
- Assault rifles will receive some balancing tweaks which will make them easier to use while moving and give them a smaller bullet spread but also increase their recoil, making them a more ideal choice for skilled players.
- Epic is considering adding a new healing potion consumable which would be able to heal a user above 75 health and even grant a bit of Shielding, but would also function as a benefit-over-time effect to keep it balanced.
- One long-term goal is to convert all firearms from the current ‘hitscan’ model (i.e. an enemy is damaged as soon as you get them in your sights and pull the trigger) to a ‘projectile’ model (i.e. your bullet would actually have to travel along a physical path to hit your target).
- Other long-term plans include adding in character customization, account progression, improvements for SMG’s and aim assist, and more.
Fortnite Battle Royale is available now as a free download for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.