Fortnite Update Adds Bush Disguise and Season Shop to Battle Royale
Fortnite just received another huge update today, bringing new features to both Battle Royale and Save the World. Patch V.1.8.2 adds the highly anticipated Bush consumable to Fortnite Battle Royale, which allows players to blend into the environment as, you guessed it, a bush. The Season Shop is open for business as well, offering seasonal outfits, gliders, and tools for a limited time.
The Bush (Legendary)
The Bush is a single-use consumable item in Fortnite Battle Royale that lets players disguise themselves as the nearby shrubbery. If the player takes damage (including damage from storms) while wearing the Bush, the item will be destroyed. The Bush is a Legendary consumable that can only be found in chests and supply drops in Fortnite Battle Royale.
The Season Shop has opened its doors in-game and will offer a number of seasonal cosmetic items for players to purchase as they level up throughout each Battle Royale season. The Season One items are as follows:
- Level 5 - Glider : Aerial Assault One
- Level 15 - Outfit : Aerial Assault Trooper
- Level 20 - Outfit : Renegade Raider
- Level 35 - Pickaxe : Raider's Revenge
Fortnite Patch Notes V.1.8.2
Fortnite has also implemented various adjustments and bug fixes to all aspects of the game in today’s patch. The full list of changes are detailed below.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several client crashes.
Adjusted Pump Shotgun falloff damage.
- 100% damage up to 7.68 meters
- 70% damage at 18 meters
- 20% at 30 meters
- 0% at 41 meters
Increased the time it takes to transition from hip-fire to targeting mode after unintentionally decreasing it in a previous update.
- It previously took 0.25 seconds to raise and lower weapons.
- It now takes 0.4 seconds to raise weapons and 0.45 seconds to lower weapons.
Fixed an issue that resulted in weapons not having ammo when picked up.
Fixed a recoil bug which made aiming upwards faster than aiming downwards while firing.
- Added a scroll bar for the daily challenge list so that the “Collect Rewards” button is no longer pushed off screen when five or more challenges are displayed.
- The loading screen no longer displays “Solo” when entering or leaving a Squad match.
- You can now repair structures while in build mode using the “Combat Pro” configuration. Hold the right thumbstick down to repair.
- The Right Trigger label (“RT”) on the controller layout image is now assigned to the correct button.
- Optimized shadow rendering to improve overall performance.
- Optimized visibility calculations for objects to improve rendering performance.
- Made improvements to foliage rendering affecting CPU and GPU performance.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Resolved multi-second hitching and freezing on consoles.
- Fixed a few issues that unintentionally awarded players with completed challenges.
Save the World
- Added a “Play Now” button to the Fortnitemares event page.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the weak point from appearing while harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue which blocked the ShadowShard evolution choice from the Gravedigger rifle.
- Fixed an issue which caused the chat window to block the “View Event” button in the menus.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ceiling Drop Trap and Ice Floor Trap to display Star level one on the schematic even when upgraded to level two or higher.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Ramirez's ponytail from showing.
- Fixed several cases of subtitles not matching the corresponding voice lines.
If you are lucky enough to get your hands on the new Bush consumable in Fortnite Battle Royale, let us know what you think of this Legendary item in the comments below.