Fortnite Battle Royale V.1.10 Patch Notes
A new update has dropped for Fortnite Battle Royale, bringing with it several additions including a brand new inventory UI and four free heroes to celebrate Fortnite Battle Royale’s Xbox One X support.
Meanwhile, other items in the V.1.10 patch notes include a variety of performance fixes and tweaks. To make everything easier to recap, we’ve posted the full V.1.10 patch notes for Fortnite Battle Royale down below!
Fortnite Battle Royale V.1.10 Patch Notes
Save the World - Exclusive Xbox One Heroes
- Xbox Exclusive heros are granted to all players who have purchased a Founders Pack on Xbox.
- Players will receive all 4 exclusive heroes after completing the quest "Loot Llamas". This is the same point most other Founders items are granted.
- Players who have already completed the quest will receive each heroes as they login.
- Soldier: Commando Renegade
- Constructor: Guardian Knox
- Ninja: Jade Assassin Sarah
- Outlander: Trailblazer Jess
- Decreased chance of getting Bandages from Treasure Chests and Supply Drops by 35%.
- Reduced aim assist on controllers, this should make it easier to lead targets with Sniper Rifles.
- Improved network priority for doors, which reduces the likelihood of seeing players run through a closed door.
- Improved network priority for chests, which reduces the likelihood of them appearing to remain closed for a short time after opening them.
- Players will no longer fall through the world if they are eliminated while jumping.
- Gliders will no longer deploy if a player uses a Launch Pad in the DBNO state.
- Player will no longer jitter while falling and skydiving.
- Dancing no longer goes on cooldown if it fails to play.
- Chests in attics no will longer spawn loot on roofs or outside walls.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to sometimes survive fatal fall damage with 1 HP.
- Fixed an issue causing teammates names to jitter.
- Fixed an error message that players would sometimes receive when being invited to a BR match when they hadn’t completed the Save the World tutorial mission yet.
- Removed tracers from the silenced SMG.
- Sniper Rifles no longer reload while in scoped view.
- Fixed an issue which prevented grenades from exploding.
- Fixed an issue which caused crosshairs to disappear if a Sniper Rifle was fired right before the Battle Bus took off.
- Fixed several issues with the Smoke Grenade effect.
- Smoke effects now appear the same in and out of the Storm.
- Players can no longer see through smoke effects when using a scope from within the smoke.
- Players will no longer experience a “flash” effect when multiple smoke grenades go off at once.
- Reduced volume for ambient trap sounds, and made them less frequent.
- Added a new warning sound that activates when a player approaches a ceiling or wall trap.
- Teammate footsteps now sound quieter than enemies.
- If you are spectating a player, their footsteps are quieter.
- Added different footstep sounds for wood, stone, metal, and dirt/grass surfaces. It’s now easier to hear footsteps through walls.
- Added "terminal velocity" wind sound when falling from large heights, and impact/pain sounds for when taking damage from falling.
- Increased the audio range for the sniper gunshot from 180m to 250m.
- Reduced gunshot sound volume for tactical shotguns (does not affect audio range).
- Reduced volume of revolver equip/reload/fire sounds.
- New sounds for Medkit, Shield Potion, and Slurp Juice consumables.
- It is now easier to hear the sound of an another player gliding towards you after using a Launch Pad.
- All audio for the dance emote is now adjusted with the SFX slider instead of Music.
- Wind volume reacts more dynamically while skydiving or using a glider/umbrella.
- Removed low-frequency content in the "ticking clock" sound that plays prior to the storm eye shrinking.
- Improved general frame rate when multiple characters are nearby.
- Improved server performance by reducing the number of redundant movement events sent from clients.
- Improved Xbox One rendering by reducing CPU stalls.
- Improved performance when rendering lighting and shadows.
- Improved performance when rendering bushes and other clutter objects.
- Improved game thread performance by converting more game logic BPs to C++.
- Improved UI performance. Improved PhysX performance.
- Improved CPU performance on Xbox One and Windows by tweaking thread priorities.
- Improved performance of particle systems by adding batching.
- Improved performance of animation trail effects and particles.
- Improved performance when using the glider.
- Optimized particles associated with players/weapons.
- Optimized audio for the safe zone indicator.
- Tweaked how often animations update and optimized many other animation systems.
- Reduced general hitching by optimizing garbage collection of objects loaded within memory.
- Reduced network bandwidth used when spawning players in a squad match.
- Fixed a server performance issue caused by building actors that moved every frame.
- Fixed a server performance issue where rubber banding could be caused when jumping out of the Battle Bus.
- Fixed various hitches that could occur during gameplay.
- You can now view your personal stats and XP gained at the end of a match or when spectating.
- You can now choose to abandon one of your Daily Challenges each day.
- Added “Net Debug Stats” panel to the Battle Royale UI (currently only available on Windows and Mac platforms with console support coming in future update).
- Net Debug Stats can be enabled by going to Settings > Game > HUD > Net Debug Stats.
- Net Debug Stat setting displays ping, bandwidth, packets per second, and packet loss for both uploading and downloading.
- If you haven't received a packet from the server in more than 1 second, the UI will also display a “Connection Lost” warning.
- Added the option to send a friend invite to squadmates on the Spectator and Victory screens (PC/Mac only.)
- Added some look-and-feel polish to the matchmaking buttons.
- Added a warning message that activates when players attempt to disguise themselves as a bush while already disguised.
- Replaced the 60-second warm up timer with "Waiting for Players."
- Increased the size of the large map so it takes up more screen space when open.
- The revive timer now shows the revive progress for both keyboard and controller players.
- Sensitivity sliders for the mouse and gamepad will now stop at 0.01 instead of 0.0.
- Disconnected squadmates will now remain on the HUD and will be listed as “Disconnected.”
- Character models inspected in Save the World will no longer be displayed in the Locker tab.
- The Up button on the D-Pad no longer closes the inventory tab while using the Pro Controller layout.
- Settings will now properly save when players apply them and back out of the settings menu quickly.
- Added descriptions to equipped items in the Locker tab.
- Storm zone graphics will no longer flicker when the storm begins to close in.
- You can now report players that have unicode and Chinese characters in their names.
- Fixed the timers on the Global Wins leaderboard.
- When knocked down by the storm, the elimination message will now properly read: [PLAYER] was knocked down by the storm.
- Smoke grenade effects are now visible to spectators when watching a player within the smoke.
- Fixed bug where teammates could be invisible while spectating them.
- Scope visuals will no longer be stuck on screen while switching between players in spectate mode.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when backing out to the Main Menu.
Save the World Gameplay
- Increased effective range of the Vindertech Scoped Handcannon from 7.5 to 8 tiles, decreased damage from 62 to 56 and impact from 100 to 90 to rebalance accordingly.
- The “Head Explosion” alteration now scales up with the player's Tech attribute and Hero Level, rather than dealing a flat percentage of the player’s weapon damage.
- Using the incorrect resource type when trying to build a blueprint (such as “Build the Radar Towers”) will now properly show as red instead of blue.
- Vindertech weapons will use Crystal Energy and Ore Energy recipes as intended in the Crafting Recipes sheet.
- All recycled world items will now be removed from your inventory before the resulting items are added, reducing the chance of overflow dropping items on the ground.
- Tracks in “Deliver the Bomb” can now be placed where quest props or Outlander Fragments are.
- The cart will now pass through quest props and Outlander fragments so they won’t block players from using more direct routes.
- Added the missing quest update from a Durrrburger restaurant in the city.
- Picking up multiple items at once will no longer cause items to stretch into the player’s backpack and hang around for long periods.
- Vindertech weapons no longer give Blast Powder when disassembled.
- Legendary Hydraulic Hammers and Spears now correctly use Legendary level crafting requirements instead of Epic level crafting requirements.
- Fixed an issue which caused items that are picked up to fall off the map and be destroyed.
- Fixed an issue which caused Floor Healing Traps to not take up inventory space.
- Fixed an issue which resulted in transformation keys turning into a different item than intended.
- Fixed an issue which caused some containers to become permanently highlighted.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Head Clipper Spear to have an incorrect tier 1 power rating.
- Added 5 new daily discovery quests. Explore the zones to find specific locations.
- Drone Salvage activity now auto starts after 20 seconds if nobody starts it earlier.
- Players can now build around the crash site before it lands. The structures will take damage, so plan wisely.
- New map icons have been added for all secondary activities to make it easier to locate the activities you want to play.
- You now only need to find missing modules during “Repair the Shelter” missions.
- Mutant Storm Mission Alert quota remains unchanged at 10 per day.
- The Epic Troll Stash quest now completes upon opening the chest.
Mutant Storm Mission Alerts no longer spread. Instead, the number of Mission Alerts available at a time are set to a fixed target number.
- Stonewood: 5
- Plankerton: 15
- Canny Valley: 15
- Twine Peaks: 15
- Fixed a rare crash on shutdown related to online cleanup.
- Fixed Xbox One Rich-Presence text not updating in the Party Finder window.
- Fixed an issue which caused an error to appear when accepting invites from a suspended state on Xbox One.
- Added an option to logout from the Main Menu on PC and Mac.
- When comparing items, stat rows are now colored green or red based on which item's stats are better.
- When upgrading items, the stat change arrows are oriented based on whether the stats are higher, but the arrow colors are still based on whether stats are better.
- Clarified the pickup interact failure reason for M80s and bottle rockets, which are limited to a single stack in the backpack.
- Improved friend invite menu flow when in game.
- Larger stacks of items that are otherwise identical will now consistently sort before smaller stacks.
- Rescued survivors will no longer appear as items in the backpack during play.
- Fixed the bug where the item pickup notification might show the incorrect count.
- Schematic craftability is now properly refreshed after any change to backpack space.
- The Skills page alert will no longer appear for skill nodes that cannot be purchased.
- The Pickaxe Damage stat now correctly displays the effects of the "Work, Work" support perk.
- Corrected the interaction indicator HUD visibility toggle to control the proper HUD element.
- Fixed a few graphical issues that occurred when selecting a mission region.
- Fixed an issue which caused user options would not be saved.
- Fixed some text that was cut off in the menus.
- Fixed headshot damage display in the detailed stats menu.
- Updated art for the SEE-Bot and Hidden module found in Repair the Shelter missions to match the new models and animation.
- Updated art for the Med-Bot module found in Wounded Survivor missions to match the new models and animation.
- Multiple-in-one Upgrade Llamas now sell 25% off!
- Updated quest titles for the Stonewood Storm Shield Defenses 1 through 10.
- Scavenger Assault Rifle - Base damage reduced from 33 to 28, and impact from 87 to 73.
- Buzzcut - Base damage reduced from 36 to 30, and impact from 95 to 80.
- Scavenger Semi-Auto Shotgun - Base damage reduced from 149 to 124, and impact from 528 to 440.
- Husk Buster - Base damage reduced from 162 to 135, and impact from 576 to 480.
- Epic Halloween heroes now have epic stats instead of legendary stats.
- Traps no longer set off propane tanks. This allows players more control over when the propane tank explodes and will prevent the explosion from damaging the players own traps.
- Fixed an issue that caused Element+Affliction weapon perks to display as a common “gray” rarity perk. The color now reflects the correct rarity of the perk.
We’ve been exploring how to reduce the size of patches for Xbox. We found a solution, but that means this particular update is larger than usual. (It’s about ~10 GB.)
We are aware of an issue that occurs to some players where downloads are extended in duration and users may believe that a "hang" has occurred. Our investigation tells us that the download is NOT hanging, but the process is taking longer than it should to complete. In the meantime, please continue to let the download and install process complete naturally. We are partnering with SIE to address this issue as quickly as possible.
For the complete Fortnite Battle Royale V.1.10 patch notes, be sure to head over to the official Fortnite website.