PUBG Xbox One Patch 6 Adds Auto-Run Feature
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds on Xbox One received its sixth patch earlier today. Along with various bug fixes, the patch adds a new auto-run feature to the game and updates the controller settings for Xbox One. The update is 3.48 GB and must be installed before playing the game.
The new PUBG controller settings follow up from the previous patch update, which tweaked the control layout to be more user friendly. With today’s update, players can now double click the left stick (L3) to activate the new auto-run mechanic, which should help streamline map traversal.
While the inventory screen is up, players can now drop equipped weapons with the Y button, as well as cancel casting actions, such as healing or drinking.
Today’s patch update also included several bug fixes, including an issue with character model stances. The full PUBG Xbox One patch notes are as follows:
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- “A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate's in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes