Sunless Sea Zubmariner Expansion Now Available
Developer Failbetter’s indie hit Sunless Sea has received its first major expansion today —
Those who pay the
- More of the deep, compelling world of Sunless Sea and Fallen London, packed with stories and secrets. Dive into unplumbed abysses and claim their eerie blessings. Seek immortality. More beautiful, hand
drawnart. Let your curiosity take you to what lies beneath the Sea of Statues, Mount Palmerston, and the dread Dawn Machine.
- Convert your ship into a
Zubmarinerand dive anywhere in open water to discover new cities, zee-beasts and environments to terrify your crew and slakeyour hungers.
- 11 new underzee ports, each with their own tales and opportunities for the enterprising Trespasser. Visit Dahut, the city of drowned delights. Brave Wrack, where a Fair King rules the unforgivable. Explore Anthe, and sharpen your tongue, your liver, and your spleen.
- Seek immortality in a new ambition! Track down the Seven Against Nidah, who once came within reach of eternal life. Can you succeed where they failed?
- New enemies to face, from the cunning
Wreckshipto the inexorable Constant Companion.
- Discover the treasures the zee has claimed. Explore ancient wrecks, avoid hostile
witherweed, discover the unexploded Unclear Bomb.
- Sanity is scarcer. Death is closer. We warned you, Trespasser. You should not have come.
Sunless Sea's Zubmariner expansion is now available as of the time of this writing. You can watch its official launch trailer above, and purchase the expansion over on Steam.
For more on the latest Indie Obscura news, be sure to check out our previous coverage of the recent delay for Star Citizen’s single player campaign, the successful crowdfunding of Wasteland 3, and how Devolver teamed up with Stan Bush for Shadow Warrior 2's soundtrack.