The Results For The 2016 IndieCade Festival Awards Are In
Over the past weekend, the annual IndieCade Festival held its 2016 awards ceremony in which the accomplishments of several notable indie games and indie developers were praised.
The highly coveted Grand Jury Award went to iNK Stories’ 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a narrative-driven game that explores the trials and consequences of the Iranian Revolution. Heart Machine’s sci-fi adventure Hyper Light Drifter took the Jury Choice Award, and the Trailblazer Award went to Rand Miller, one of the men behind the original PC point-and-click puzzle game Myst.
The full list of winners can be found below:
- Trailblazer Award: Rand Miller
- Game Changer Award: Toni Rocca
- Grand Jury Award: 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
- Visual Design Award: Infinit-O
- Audio Design Award: Soundstage
- Game Design Award: Hamlet-Mobile
- Story/World Design Award: Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor
- Technology Award:
- Impact Award: Replica
- Interaction Award: The Order of the Oven Mitt
- Jury Choice Award: Hyper Light Drifter
- Audience Choice Award: Bad News
- Developer Choice Award: We Are Chicago
- Media Choice Award: You Must Be 18 or Older to
Congratulations to all of the 2016 IndieCade winners!
For more on the latest Indie Obscura news, be sure to check out our previous coverage of the Serious Sam VR early access release, Zach Gage’s new mobile game Really Bad Chess, and the new Shadow Warrior 2 'Behind The Theme' trailer.