2016 Golden Joystick Award Winners
Earlier in the year, gamers across all platforms and preferences had the opportunity to vote for their favorite nominees in the upcoming 2016 Golden Joystick Awards. Now, we're excited to announce that the votes have been tallied and the final winners selected for the 34th Annual Golden Joystick Awards!
Not too long ago, the awards were
We’re extremely excited to congratulate Campo Santo’s Firewatch on winning “Best Indie Game of the Year” at the 2016 Golden Joystick Awards, and Eric Barone for winning the Breakthrough Award for his work on Stardew Valley! Additionally, congratulations to Niantic Lab's Pokémon GO for nabbing not one, but two victories this year.
That's it! Thanks to everyone who tuned in - and huge congrats to all of our winners #goldenjoysticks— Golden Joysticks (@GoldenJoysticks) November 18, 2016
Below, we’ve listed all of the winners of the 2016 Golden Joystick Awards alongside their respective categories.
- Best Original Game: Overwatch
- Best Storytelling: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Best Visual Design: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Best Audio: Fallout 4
- Best Indie Game: Firewatch
- Gaming Personality of the Year: Sean Plott
- Best Multiplayer Game: Overwatch
- Competitive Play of the Year:
Coldzera’sjumping AWP quad kill at MLG Columbus
- Best Gaming Moment: Play of the game in Overwatch
- YouTube Upcoming Personality of the Year: Jesse Cox
- Studio of the Year: CD Projekt Red
- Innovation of the Year: Pokémon GO
- Lifetime Achievement: Eiji Aonuma
- Best Gaming Platform: Steam
- Best Gaming Performance: Doug Cockle
- Competitive Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Nintendo Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- PlayStation Game of the Year: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Xbox Game of the Year: Rise of the Tomb Raider
- PC Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year: Pokémon GO
- Breakthrough Award: Eric Barone - Stardew Valley
- Hall of Fame: Lara Croft
- Critics Choice: Titanfall 2
- Most Wanted Game: Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Ultimate Game of the Year: Dark Souls 3
Again, we wish to extend our congratulations to each and every winner of this year's Golden Joystick Awards. Next year, we hope to see more incredible indie titles like Campo Santo's Firewatch, Stardew Valley, and Pokémon GO place alongside major titles like Overwatch, which swept the competition this year.
Which games did you vote for this year? Let us know in the comments below!
For more gaming news here at Indie Obscura, be sure to learn more about how several indie games were nominated for the 2016 Game Awards, why Nightdive Studios has delayed their upcoming System Shock remaster, and our list of the best PS4 Black Friday deals!